08 June 2015

Preppy Pattern Mixed Pajamas

stripes + floral stripes + floral

I know this top is really meant for sleeping in and I have! but it is a near perfect blue/white stripe for me - other stripe maniacs out there know what I'm talking about here: the hue of blue, the spacing between the columns, mm-hmm - and just plain comfy, so I can't help but to wear it out and about. I accidentally tossed this top on a cast-off pile of shorts from another day and ah-ha, pattern mixing eureka for me! Most of my outfit combinations are happy accidents, and this is one of my recent favorites. Happy Monday, everyone!

stripes + floral stripes + floral

Top: J.Crew factory pajama in stripe (worn here - same top in anchor print, sim)
Shorts: J.Crew factory printed pleated (same print in skirt & dress, sim in yellow)
Bracelet: J.Crew hammered double cuff (worn here - sim studded), C.Wonder (sim), c/o INPINK raja cuff , Yunikelley (the original)
Shoes: Jack Rogers palm beach (sim solid, sim)
Hat: Mossimo by Target panama (sim shorter brim, wider brim)

stripes + floral

stripes + floral

13 comments:

  1. I looked at the pictures before reading the text and liked the shirt right off the bat. I thought it was going to be the shorts that were the pyjamas! You're right, it's a great shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least that means the PJ top is not readily apparent, haha. Thanks much!

      Delete
  2. Super cute! I'd wear that shirt out too! It's a great summery shirt!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore it so much I got the same version in anchor print too ... and want to wear that out and about as well, hehe.

      Delete
  3. PJ's or not, this is adorable....the stripes are perfect with those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can always count on you to mix patterns like a pro. Love this outfit! I love it even more because it's a PJ top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Funny I wore the skirt with same print this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish i had those type of accidents.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha - well I don't blog about the fashion tragedies that sometimes happens. ;o)

      Delete
  7. I would totally wear this top as a regular top too! Works perfectly :) Love when you figure out new outfit combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).