03 December 2015

It's Holiday Sweater Season

fatface uk

December is pretty much all about the holidays, so I'm on full Christmas mode. Holiday tunes? Check. Decking the halls? Check check. Festive-but-not-quite-crazy-Christmas-lady-because-it's-only-December-3rd sweater? Triple check - thanks to the folks at FatFace!

 FatFace is a UK-based clothing and accessories company that started almost 30 years by two guys selling shirts out of the back of their campervan to fund their skiing adventures. The company name is actually inspired by the Face de Bellevarde slope in Val-d'Isère, France. FatFace now has over 200 stores over the UK and Ireland.

fatface uk fatface uk

To try them out, I selected a fun wool fair isle sweater from FatFace's Christmas sweater collection, as well as a pair of denim flares as a nice change-of-silhouette from skinny jeans. I find that UK sizes generally run smaller than US sizes, so I typically order 1-2 sizes larger than my normal US size.

The sweater is a wool/cotton blend and super-cozy. The pattern is festive without being over-the-top holiday - I can envision pairing this sweater with a lot of colors and wearing it through winter. The jeans are ridiculously stretchy and soft - and I definitely need to wear bootcuts more often because I think they lengthen me and my calves can breathe!

This has definitely been a nice experience trying out FatFace and I'd recommend you ladies check them out as another online shop alternative. Prices are pretty reasonable (think Gap-level) and FatFace offers free shipping for orders over $100 to the US. Ship times are pretty reasonable - it took a little over a week for me to receive my items.

fatface uk fatface uk

Coat: Zara (worn before - sim sherpa-lined, burgundy under $100, coral now $70)
Sweater: c/o FatFace winderton pattern (see their holiday sweater collection)
Shirt: Lands' End gingham poplin (worn before - sim, sim under $13)
Jeans: c/o FatFace brushed overdye smithy bootcut (see their flared jeans or bootcut jeans)
Earrings: J.Crew (worn before - sim, sim for $22)
Rings: INPINK (sim) & F21 (sim)
Shoes: Vince Camuto bronco (sim, wedge, suede)

fatface uk

fatface uk

2 comments:

  1. That sweater is so pretty! I'm off to check out their holiday collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I have been pleasantly surprised with how well both the sweater and jeans have fit me!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).