16 May 2016

Raincoats and Shirtdresses

coral shirt dress

I love how dresses make getting dressed so easy - double points for shirtdresses because they're just as easy and look so crisp. And this raincoat? My first actually-made-of-materials-that-will-repel-water-not-just-look-good-but-be-completely-ineffective-in-wet-weather coat! Granted I haven't had an actual raincoat since I was a kid, this was one of those purchases that made me feel kind of grown-up - useful clothing. We'll disregard the fact that as I got this coat home, I unzipped the hood because apparently I'd rather get my hair soaked than be seen wearing a silly hood in wet weather ...

coral shirt dress coral shirt dress

Coat: Zara water repellent trench (sim simpler, sim)
Dress: Ann Taylor (worn before - sim for $25, sim for $35, sim)
Belt: J.Crew (worn before - sim for $9, sim, sim two for $17)
Bracelet: J.Crew (sim, sim pricey, sim luxe)
Rings: F21 (sim for $3, sim)
Shoes: J.Crew factory (worn before - sim, sim, sim under $50)
Bag: J.Crew marlo crossbody on sale (worn before - same in solid, sim muted, sim under $20)

coral shirt dress coral shirt dress

12 comments:

  1. What a cute shirt dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I do the same things with my hood. I have a child sized head so, if I use a hood, it generally will cover half my face...making me feel like I'm about 5 years old and does not allow me to watch where I am going. Love how simple and classy you look!

    outfitsandotherbits.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granted I think I have a larger than average head, but I know what you mean. Part of the reason I don't like wearing a hood is that it def does make me feel like a little kid, hehe!

      Delete
  3. This is lovely Lisa, the pleats on the dress plus the colour are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am surprised that Ann Taylor doesn't keep making this silhouette in more colors and/or prints!

      Delete
  4. Pretty dress, love the color! That animal print bag is pretty fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've surprised myself with how often I've used this little bag!

      Delete
  5. awesome dress collection
    http://jazame.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).